Consultancy assignment at UNICEF: Social Media, Digital strategy
- Updated: septembre 10, 2015
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultant (Voices of Youth Engagement Coordinator), Social Media Team, Digital Strategy Section, responsible for the development and growth in engagement of the Voices of Youth (VOY) community and presence. The consultant leads the development of the content and resources for VOY, manages the VOY blogging programme, and leads on other youth campaigns or initiatives and key partnerships, as needed. The consultant also participates actively in the editorial process of UNICEF’s global digital feeds, proposing topics and supporting with messaging and plays a key role in supporting the development and planned implementation of the joint Adolescent and Youth Engagement Strategy.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
• 3+ years’ experience working on social media, digital marketing or editorial for an NGO, global company or publishing outlet.
• Leading knowledge of mobile and web communication technology.
• Strong awareness of youth communication behaviours in developing countries.
• Proven ability to present and communicate new projects to a varied audience.
• Proven skills in communication, networking, strategic thinking, advocacy, negotiation, and ability to relate to a young audience.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
• Proven ability to coordinate online media hubs.
• Proven ability to use platforms and social media measurement tools.
• Strong writing and communication skills and the aptitude to handle competing messages and priorities with multiple audiences, including experience in writing for the web.
• Experience in reporting on qualitative and quantitative analytics.
• Bachelor Degree in social science, journalism, international affairs or communication, masters highly preferred.
• International professional experience is an asset.
• A strong understanding of UNICEF programmes and policy, including knowledge of youth participation and partnership goals, as well as sound interpretation and judgment to present these programmes and policies in a way that enhances UNICEF’s image. • Bring evidence of success in working with social media and digital initiatives for children and young people. • High command of English. Other languages such as Spanish and French are a plus.
How to Apply:
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com by 24 September. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘Voices of Youth Engagement Coordinator’, is quoted on the subject line. Applicants MUST submit their resume along with a signed and dated (not typed) UNICEF P-11. Please send details of the daily fee/rate (in USD) you are willing to accept for the performance of this job. Please state whether negotiable or non-negotiable. To download P11: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/Personal_History_P11.doc
More information on UNICEF Web site