Job Opportunity at Africa50 : Website Content Manager
- Updated: août 23, 2015
- Publication Date: 08/08/2015
- Closing Date: 15/09/2015
Given its Pan-African nature and considering its intended impact on the infrastructure finance, Africa50 requires a strong web presence. The website has been designed to provide reliable and updated information on infrastructure finance, allowing the Africa50 Team to engage in a range of promotional and dissemination activities. It is envisaged that the website will be the most relevant marketing tool and communication channel for both stakeholders and development partners.
The objectives of the website are:
- To raise general awareness and understanding of the Africa50;
- To act as a primary dissemination channel of African domestic bond market data and related information;
- To provide relevant and current information in an accessible and user friendly manner to a wide range of investors;
- To act as a focal point for stakeholders and development partners.
The content of the website is in English and French, enabling users to switch into either English or French language for information. Some content, such as research papers, documents and reports prepared by external parties, may be included only in the original language.
Scope of work and responsibilities
The consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Write, edit and proof read web content on regular basis for building up the Africa50 website, based on material and reports from governments and governmental agencies, ministries, Public institutions, the AfDB and the Africa50;
- Ensure the editorial content is written in a format that meets web usability standards and is consistent with the Africa50’s objectives and meets the AfDB’s information and knowledge management guidelines;
- Keep abreast with the latest developments on Infrastructure finance and initiatives and upload relevant content using TYPO 3 Content Management System Tool (training will be provided); Relevant content may include Reports, Statistics, News/Media and research materials;
- Identify relevant web sites and web pages to be linked to the Afica50 web portal. This may include establishing contact with relevant counterparties in order to arrange the terms of the link exchange arrangement;
- Review Africa50’s website infrastructure and work closely with the Africa50 team to enhance the website’s functionality and develop innovative ways to effectively meet stakeholders’ needs;
- Identify and report any dysfunctions of the web site to Africa50 Web developer; Work closely with the web developer and the Africa50 team to find solutions to these dysfunctions.
- Participate in the writing process of the Africa50 newsletter by collecting news articles and data on African infrastructure finance; provide ideas for content; find ways to improve the design and marketability of the newsletter;
- Establish working relationships with African Development Bank Infrastructure complex and other relevant Bank departments with regards to information sharing and build synergies;
- Research new web projects and/or ideas (Blogs, podcasts, etc.);
- Perform any other administrative duties required to facilitate the project.
Management/supervision of the consultancy
The Consultant will work independently, under the overall guidance of the CEO, and the immediate of the Director of PD and Director of PF.
Duration of the Assignment
The consultant will work on a fulltime basis for a period of one year.
Required Qualification and Experience
- At least a Master’s Degree or above in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related fields with a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience;
- English and French are the working languages of the African Development Bank. For this assignment a good command of both English and French (oral and written) are required.
- An effective writing style, with an ability to write in a variety of formats for multiple audiences;
- Have a good aptitude for innovation to make the website attractive and user friendly;
Remuneration for the Assignment
The Consultant will be paid a monthly lump sum for the entire period commensurate with the number of years of experience. He/she will be based at Africa50 in Casablanca.