Job opportunity at The African Virtual University : Project Assistant Francophone
- Updated: août 12, 2015
The African Virtual University (AVU) www.avu.org is a Pan African Intergovernmental Organization established by charter with the mandate of significantly increasing access to quality higher education and training through the innovative use of information communication technologies. A Charter, establishing the AVU as an Intergovernmental Organization, has been signed so far by fourteen (19) African Governments: Kenya, Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Ivory Coast, Tanzania, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Benin, Ghana, Republic of Guinea, Burkina Faso, Niger, South Sudan, Sudan, The Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Ethiopia and Cape-Verde. The AVU has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and a Regional office in Dakar Senegal with Host-Country Agreements and Diplomatic Status with the two governments.
- Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Economics, Commerce, Law or Development Studies, Accounting, Econometrics, Economics of Education/ Education and Economics or a relevant Social Science degree;
- A qualification in accounting, secretarial studies, office management would be an added advantage;
- Be conversant with the use of the full MS Office package (particularly Ms Excel) in business planning, Ms Project or other relevant modeling software;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in project management;
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience in an International Organization, IGO or NGO;
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills in French;
- Ability to work in a professional Anglophone environment ; to read, write and speak English fluently;
- Ability to translate documents from English to French;
Must demonstrate strong coordination skills;
- Attention to details;
- Strong team and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to interact at all levels; and
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
DURATION : 1 Year
Application must include an application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with: a telephone number; email and residential addresses; and names with contact addresses of three professional references.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and MUST have ASSISTANTE DE PROJET FRANCOPHONE as the email subject.
The closing date for this application is August 25th 2015 at 18:00 East African Time (UTC/GMT + 3).
1. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
2. The successful candidate will be appointed for 1 year.
3. The successful candidate will be based at the AVU Dakar Offices in Senegal.
More Informations on AVU Web site